The Sauvie Island Center offers children the opportunity to journey into the fields
and learn about growing food, farming and the relationship both activities have to the land.
2020 School at Home Adventures
The hands-on curriculum is organized to make use of small groups, allowing each child to get their hands dirty during each activity...
* Compost/Soil Investigation and Seed Planting
* Plant Parts Investigation
* Food Web: The interconnectedness of forest and farm food chains
* Seed to Harvest: Students plant, tend and harvest vegetables from their own field, the Grow Lunch Garden
* Pollinator Investigation
Field trips are for children grades K - 8th, and the cost is $200.00,
which is split among the children signed up.
Besides the cost of the program, non-members of my group add $2.50 per child.
There is no extra cost for members.
On Sauvie Island in Portland
If you would like to be a contact person for a future field trip...
* you will get to pick the date to attend,
* pick a name for the group attending (if you want to, some kids like to do this).
You would also need to give your cell phone number to the families attending.